Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Made it to the Half Marathon

Well here I am alive. On Saturday I did my first ever half marathon. I have done a lot of 5k, 10k and some 10 mile races. But this is the first for me. So here is how it went. I had to be in Provo at 4:45 to get on to the buses. I thought I would be OK to be a little late so I was about 10 minutes late the lines were so crazy I barely got on the last bus. There was a couple thousand people there. We rode up the Provo Canyon and waited for the race to start. It stared late of course it was suppose to start at 6:30 but at 7:00 it started. It was nice and cool at the beginning but it was hard to get going with all the people. I was in a slow jog for about 2 miles. But then it was evening out. It was so pretty seeing Bridal Vail falls and the green mountains. We came out at about mile nine. That's were it got tricky for me. It was already blasting hot and I started to slow down. But my goal was to finish and to get under two hours. Well I made it just under two hours by two minutes exactly. Well now I can mark that down on my list of things to do. So good luck to those who are training for the 1/2 Marathons next week (Jackie, Nickie & Jami).

4 comments:

winston and jillyn egan said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you did that! That is so awesome!!! I just ran 3 miles the other day and was so proud of myself...thanks for diminishing that one! Good job!

Natalie and Logan said...

That's awesome. I've run a half marathon before too and they're hard. Congrats. It makes me think that people who run a whole marathon are crazy. I'm glad you found my blog and now we can keep in touch.

Hadfield said...

we noticed your blog on kimball and michelle's! we just wanted to say hi and see what you guys have been up to! your kids are getting so big! they are so adorable! -Jimmy and holly

Eric & Nickie's Fam said...

You kick "A" OK you haven't posted forever. I can't wait to see your pics from Hawaii hurry up would ya?... HEEhee