Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Cookie Delicious

Over the weekend I made some yummy Sugar Cookies I know not the most gourmet of things but they were the best. They turned out perfect and if you know me I'm not the best but I try to be. I took them over to the fam's house and they were gone in a flash so here is the recipe for those who were asking. So enjoy and have fun with my childhood favorite.
Sugar Cookie
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
3 eggs
1 cup milk
6 cups flour
2 TBS baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
Mix wet well then add flour and baking powder slowly. Refrigerate over night. Then pull out 10 mins. before ready to cut into shapes. It will be a little sticky just kneed more flour when rolling it out. bake 350' for 8 mins. just a hint of brown.
Yummy Frosting
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup Cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
5 to 6 cups powder sugar
mix wet then add powder sugar till the right thickness for you. If you want it a little stiffer add 1/4 cup shortening. This frosting is the perfect sweetness love it.

No comments: